WELV 21st Annual Conference - March 12-13, 2020
More details to follow soon! We look forward to seeing you next March when WELV turns 21!
THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING OUR 20TH ANNIVERSARY AND ANNUAL CONFERENCE on March 14-15, 2019.
Click on the links below for the program, breakout and keynote presentations and sponsor information. We have also included a link to Attendify, which was our conference app used for the first time this year. If you have not singed up for Attendify, please read the instructions HERE.
- 2019 Conference Presentations
Thursday Morning Keynote and Breakout Presentations:
- Leveraging Our Contagious Creativity: Paths to Imagination, Risk-taking, and Change - Dr. Pam Moran, Executive Director, VaSCL
- - Ms.Regina Turner, Director of Instruction, Greensville County, Dr. Sarah Tanner-Anderson, Assistant Professor, Longwood University, Ms. Jennifer Cavanaugh, Assistant Principal, Loudoun County, Dr. Marci Catlett, Deputy Superintendent, Fredericksburg City
- - Dr. Kim Evans, Superintendent, Greensville County
- A Focus on Wellbeing and Strengths - Ms.Kelly Peaks Horner, Founder & Thought Leader
- - Ms. Linda Humphries and Ms. Jennifer Tyndall, Instructional Coaches, Charlottesville City Schools
- - Dr. Shannon Grimsley, Superintendent, Rappahannock County Public Schools, Ms. Jackie Tederick, Wellness Integration Coordinator, Rappahannock County Public Schools
- - Ms. Angela A. Thiemann, Alternative Education Coordinator, Louisa County Public Schools
Thursday Afternoon Breakout Presentations:
- Dr. Carol Carter, Superintendent, King and Queen County WELV Region 3 Representative, Dr. Kim Evans, Superintendent, Greensville County, WELV President-Elect, Dr. Elaine Fogliani, WELV Executive Director
- Ms. Leigh Burden, Assistant Superintendent, Fairfax County
- , Dr. Tamara W. Dias, Executive Director, African
American Teaching Fellows
- , Dr. Jeannine Perry, Dean of Graduate Studies, Longwood University, Dr. Sarah Tanner-Anderson, Assistant Professor and Program Director of Educational Leadership, Longwood University
- arning Model - Ms. D. Jill Becker, Director of Special and Gifted Education, Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice. Ms. Deanna Williams, Director of Post-Secondary Programs, Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice
- - Ms. Sarah Ross and Ms. Aja Wood, Kindergarten and First Grade Teachers, Charlottesville City Schools
- 2019 Photo Gallery
**REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED**