WELV Mentor Award
This award is presented to an educational leader who served or serves as an inspirational mentor to women leaders and has consistently supported women for advancement throughout his/her career.
Criteria for Consideration
• He/She has mentored multiple women who with the assistance of the mentorship became
strong, successful educational leaders.
• He/She consistently seeks ways to encourage women to take that next step or face with grace
the next challenge.
• He/She is recognized in Virginia as a mentor and there is evidence that he/she has taken
positive steps to insure gender equity in educational leadership.
If you would like to nominate a candidate for the 2020 Outstanding Service to Education Award, you are asked to submit the following documents:
1. A letter nominating the candidate. This letter should provide evidence of how the candidate fulfills the specific criteria stated in the description of the award.
2. A resume of the candidate.
3. Two letters of recommendation from individuals who know the nominee well and can speak to her accomplishments.
These materials should be sent electronically to Elaine Fogliani, the Executive Director of WELV, by Monday, February 3, 2020
The Nominations Committee of the WELV Board will review completed nomination packets and make recommendations, based on stated criteria, to the full WELV Board for a final decision. The award is given as appropriate; it may not be conferred this year. If the Board selects a winner of the 2020 award, it will be bestowed on her at the WELV Annual Conference in Charlottesville on March 6, 2020.