Regional Woman Leader of the Year
This award is given to a woman leader in each of the eight Superintendents’ Regions. The recipient in each region is a leader who has led with impact on student learning and has promoted with passion and actions the mission of WELV. She motivates those around her to be the best they can be. She models generosity of spirit and encourages others to become involved with WELV
Criteria for Consideration
• She is recognized as a bold and effective leader by colleagues and those she serves.
• She is results oriented.
• She exhibits admirable qualities of leadership and keeps “what is best for children” at the
center of decisions and actions.
• She exemplifies the spirit of WELV and has shared the inspiration of WELV with others in the
• She has taken actions to create a strong WELV network for leaders in the regions
If you would like to nominate a candidate for the 2020 Outstanding Service to Education Award, you are asked to submit the following documents:
1. A letter nominating the candidate. This letter should provide evidence of how the candidate fulfills the specific criteria stated in the description of the award.
2. A resume of the candidate.
3. Two letters of recommendation from individuals who know the nominee well and can speak to her accomplishments.
These materials should be sent electronically to Elaine Fogliani, the Executive Director of WELV, by Monday, February 3, 2020
The Nominations Committee of the WELV Board will review completed nomination packets and make recommendations, based on stated criteria, to the full WELV Board for a final decision. The award is given as appropriate; it may not be conferred this year. If the Board selects a winner of the 2019 award, it will be bestowed on her at the WELV Annual Conference in Charlottesville on March 13, 2020.